World Central Banks

The Bank of Japan kept its key short-term interest rate at -0.1%

Also bank maintained the target for the 10-year Japanese government bond yield at around 0% during its July meeting, by an 8-1 vote.

The Bank of Japan kept its key short-term interest rate at -0.1%

Also bank maintained long-term borrowing costs around zero during its June meeting, but increased the size of its lending packages for cash-strapped firms to $1 trillion from about $700 billion announced last month aimed at mitigating the negative impact ...

The balance of monetary base, or the amount of cash in circulation and deposits at the Bank of Japan, increased 2.7%

The central bank has been injecting cash into the banking sector to boost lending to businesses and consumers hit by the coronavirus pandemic.

The Bank of Japan during its April meeting removed a limitation on buying government bonds so that 10-year yields will remain at 0%

and ramped up its purchases of corporate debt to JPY 20 trillion from around JPY 7 trillion, joining global central banks in their unprecedented expansion of monetary stimulus to mitigate the economic fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Bank of Japan left its key short-term interest rate unchanged at -0.1%

But increased the annual pace of ETF buying to JPY 12 trillion from JPY 6 trillion and other risky assets to contain the economic fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic.

Bank of Japan

The Bank of Japan must monitor the inflation and deflation of the national currency, issue national currency, and publish the key interest rate. This rate is used by commercial banks when they deposit and loan funds from the Central Bank.

55% of the Bank of Japan is owned by the government. The remaining 45% of shares are traded on the Tokyo stock exchange and owned by private shareholders. Holders of Bank of Japan securities may not control its activities.

Interest rates

-0,10 %

All rates

Interest rates

Country Rate Value
USA Federal Funds 0,25 %
Switzerland 3 Month LIBOR Range -0.75 %
United Kingdom Repo Rate 0,10 %
EU Refinancing Tender 0,00 %
Japan Overnight Call Rate -0,10 %
New Zealand Official Cash Rate 0,25 %
Australia Cash Rate 0,25 %
Canada Overnight Rate Target 0,25 %
All rates
This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight info how the site is being used.